04 November 2010

Gateway - Frederik Pohl

  • Author: Frederik Pohl
  • Title: Gateway
  • Publisher: Gollancz 2010
  • ISBN: 978 0575094239
Frederik Pohl is the master. He is such a great writer of human stories, and I am really glad to have read Gateway, finally. It was everything I had been expecting, and has given me a renewed appreciation of just how visionary Pohl was.

This story has hardly dated from it's original 1970-something publication, and the universal story of life, complete with human frailty and those strained interactions we've all had was really touching. I think Pohl had an understanding of being a scared, weird little human struggling through life surrounded by PEOPLE!! that is rarely translated so well into story.

You should probably get this book out of the library and read it. I would.