24 May 2010

Lois McMaster Bujold - Falling Free

Originally published in 1988, this neat little story is about the morality if geneticly engineering humans by corporations, and moral obligation when you encounter injustice. This novel won the Nebula Award for best novel in 1988, and tells the story of an engineer who is assigned to a project that is now set to be cancelled, along with the destruction of the experimental materials, which turn out to be a bunch of kids with four arms and no legs.

This book is set in the Vorkosigan universe, about 200 years before the main action re Miles Vorkosigan.  I haven't read any of the others, but I really like the way that Lois McMaster Bujold writes.  It reminds me alot of Elizabeth Moon, who is one of my very favorite writers.  I intend to get a hold of more of McMaster Bujolds books.

Really good story, really well written.  A nice sunny afternoon read (if you read like I do) or a nice Sunday read (if you read like a human.)